Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photography


18Aug2009 092
Originally uploaded by smiles_joy_25
Many knitters have such stunning pictures on Ravelry, I have decided to try my hand at photography, too. (A way to waste money on things other than yarn, perhaps?) Yesterday, I shelled out quite a bit of money to buy a Digital SLR. I figured it would be a nice birthday present for myself. I can't wait to get it in the mail and play around with it before school starts.

I have been packing to move to our new apartment. McCormick has a really cute little sewing room that holds a bunch of sewing supplies along with sewing machines. It's so convenient (but the room is HOT because there are no windows or air-conditioning). Well, I decided I should take advantage of McCormick's button collection from the sewing room before leaving. I went through and sorted the buttons to find some buttons that will go with one of the next projects I have in mind. I decided to pull out my point-and-shoot camera and capture the sorted colors. I wonder how this picture would come out with a better lens.

To top it all off, the MIT Student Arts Association sent out an email yesterday inviting everyone to take some art classes. My roommate and I both decided that we were gonna take one of these classes, assuming we'll have more time as grad students (ha!) So now, i am signed up for "Street Photography" on Fridays 4:30-6pm. I hope it's good :D :D I hope I can use my DSLR a lot, too. I can't wait! :D

No comments:

Contributors