Well guys...its been a while since me (or anyone else) has posted on this thing...but I felt like I should say hello, since its officially been a year since I started knitting socks. When I completed my first pair of socks….all I could think was “Why would ANYONE in their right mind decide to knit socks???”
26 pairs of socks later….here is what I have realized....I have my own version of “you know you knit too much when ____” .... only for me, its "you know you knit too many socks when ____"
So here goes.
You know you have knit too many socks when:
- Every roommate you have ever had owns a pair of handmade socks by you.
- You have scanned through all 204 pages of sock patterns with fingering weight yarn on ravelry.
- You have about 19 balls or skeins of sock yarn in your stash.
- You start knitting a sweater with yarn designed specifically for socks.
- You have started making baby socks for unknown babies of various sizes.
- You have made more pairs of socks than you own.
I also had to steal this one from Penny’s Blog…it was too good to pass up.
“You judge your friends by whether or not they are ’sock-worthy’”
Currently, to mark the occasion, I am knitting my first pair of toe-up socks. The thoughts going through my head right now are something along the lines of “why on earth would anyone knit socks from the toe up??”
Hopefully my feelings will change…